Friday, December 23, 2011

Excessive card charges?

The UK government is to bring forward rules to force companies to reduce 'excessive' charges that are made for the use of credit or debit cards, when making online purchases.

Why?

What business is it of the government?

So a clearly marked charge is likely to be replaced by a fee for Administration or Internet Service Fee or something like that.

Who benefits from that?

Consumer action groups such as Which have pushed for this but do they really think these fees will go away?  Like it or not they are part of the revenue and, contribute to the margins, for online companies.

This is the usual fatuous interference in business that we came to expect from the previous 'administration' and are now seeing repeated by this coalition.

If I don't want to pay so called excessive charges, I have a choice.  I can go elsewhere.  I don't need a consumer organisation or the government to 'nany' me through this, especially when, at the end of the day, I am no better off.

Do people really expect things for free?


No comments:

Post a Comment